Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Satoshi Yamada <bi...@yahoo.co.jp> on 2012/09/25 12:22:23 UTC

a node stays in joining

hi,
One node in my cluster stay in "joining". I found a jira about this, which is fixed,but still sees the similar thing. This is a node I remove the token first becauseit did not boot correctly and re-joined in the cluster without any pre-set token(shouldI set the previous token?).
As you see below, the node(yyyy)'s state is Joining and Effective-Ownership is 0.00 %for more than 10 hours. But the Load keeps on increasing.
Also I noticed in the gossipinfo, the status of the node is BOOT while other node is NORMAL.
So, how can I get the status of the node to NORMAL?
$ nodetool -h `hostname` ringAddress            DC       Rack            Status      Load        State      Load      Effe...xxxx       datacenter1     rack1           Up             Normal   122.41 MB        4.27 %.........yyyy      datacenter1     rack1           Up            Joining        371.33 MB    0.00 %

$ nodetool -h `hostname` gossipinfo........yyyy/192.0.1.111   RELEASE=VERSION:1.1.4   LOAD:3.89343423E8   STATUS:BOOT, 123123123....1312.   SCHEMA:a442323-......
thanks,satoshi

Re: a node stays in joining

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

> But the Load keeps on increasing.

Sounds like the nodes are / were sending it data.

nodetool netstats will show you what's going on.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton