Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Wilkes <cw...@ladro.com> on 2003/09/17 22:40:18 UTC

GUI for editing sitemap.xmap?

Hi,

  I'm currently using sunBow http://radio.weblogs.com/0108489/, an
Eclipse plugin, to edit my sitemap.xmap.
  It works great in that you can right click on an element (ie pipeline)
and it gives you a list of what can go under it (ie match).  It also
knows how to read your existing sitemap.xmap to see what values can go
in for certain elements, like 'type' in match, and only allows you to
put in defined values, like 'wildcard.'

  However its missing some new elements, in particular map:flow, which I
would like to start using.  I'm not sure how the sunBow software is
written so I'm not sure how it knows what are sitemap elements.  Perhaps
its hard coded, or has an old relax schema in it.

  I found http://www.xmloperator.net/ which is an XML editor that
supports Relax NG.  However it comes up with a SAX error (item='grammer',
state=1) when trying to open the root sitemap.xmap file and apply the
    src/webapp/WEB-INF/entities/sitemap-v06.rng (from C2.1rc1)
  schema to it.  I'm not sure if that's an XmlOperator error.  So I moved
on to trying to use Trang:
    http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html
  To convert from RNG to DTD and the errors at the end of this email
popped up.

  Anyone ever look at the sitemap RNG file and try and use it?  I'm not
very familiar with Relax (or xmloperator or trang) to know where the
error could lie.

Chris

java -jar trang.jar -I rng -O dtd /usr/local/cocoon-2.1rc1/src/webapp/WEB-INF/entities/sitemap-v06.rng

923:19: error: sorry, wildcards are not supported
911:18: error: sorry, wildcards are not supported
909:15: error: sorry, cannot handle this kind of "choice"
907:15: error: sorry, wildcards are not supported
501:21: error: sorry, cannot handle this kind of "interleave"
796:31: error: sorry, not handled: duplicate declaration of element "parameter" from namespace ""
365:34: error: other element declaration is here
416:19: error: sorry, cannot handle this kind of "interleave"
993:34: error: sorry, not handled: duplicate declaration of element "input-module" from namespace ""
316:38: error: other element declaration is here
382:19: error: sorry, cannot handle this kind of "interleave"

Re: GUI for editing sitemap.xmap?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
S&N already announced a new version of SunBow, that will be first
presented on Cocoon GetTogether. I don't know if this fixes everything,
but at least I guess the DTD/Schema should be updated.

Joerg

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Chris Wilkes wrote:

>   However its missing some new elements, in particular map:flow, which I
> would like to start using.  I'm not sure how the sunBow software is
> written so I'm not sure how it knows what are sitemap elements.  Perhaps
> its hard coded, or has an old relax schema in it.

You might take a look at pollo as well (http://pollo.sf.net/), which
currently comes with a somehow outdated sitemap grammar, but the grammar
format is documented so you further enhance it towards 2.1 compliancy.

HTH,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: GUI for editing sitemap.xmap?

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
>   However its missing some new elements, in particular map:flow, which I
> would like to start using.  I'm not sure how the sunBow software is
> written so I'm not sure how it knows what are sitemap elements.  Perhaps
> its hard coded, or has an old relax schema in it.

sunBow uses its own sitemap schema (so it's not hardcoded).

The new elements will be supported in the new sunBow version which is to be
released at the Cocoon GetTogether. There are also some other enhancements
coming in that version:

* Support for Entity Catalogues
* An editor for log-levels in the logkit.xconf
* An alternate closing tag method in the xml editor
and more

Of course the real highlight is the new real-time Cocoon sitemap debugger
:).

Please also consider subscribing to the sunBow user mailing list - see the
details on: http://radio.weblogs.com/0108489/

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de