Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mrh <mr...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/11 18:28:24 UTC

How to specify SSL Ciphers

According to JSSE, it is possible to specify cipher suites in the SSLSocket
class:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/net/ssl/SSLSocket.html

Is it possible in the ActiveMQConnectionFactory to access this property so
that we can set the cipher suites for communication with the broker?

Maybe in the transport options of the URI (for example:
ssl://localhost:port?enabledCipherSuites=...")?
Or in the ActiveMQ.xml file?
Or, even the SSL_OPTS property?

I'm still trying to understand the Introspection and was curious if this is
possible?

Thanks,
mrh

Re: How to specify SSL Ciphers

Posted by mrh <mr...@gmail.com>.
"&socket.enabledCipherSuites=..." does not seem to be working.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I can't seem to use the SSLTransportFactory class (which has a
"compositeConfigure" method) in conjunction with the ActiveMQConnection
class.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

-mrh

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi Hans,

this is not supported yet. I just filed an enhancement request

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net