Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Barry Hathaway <bh...@nycap.rr.com> on 2011/09/17 02:06:23 UTC

karaf enhanced logging question

I have a bundle that is generating an exception.  Looking at the log I
see that most lines in the
stack trace contains the bundle number, name, and version; however, some
of them do not.
What does this mean?  Are the classes being resolved from somewhere else?

Caused by: com.hp.hpl.jena.shared.JenaException:
org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.DVFactoryException: DTD factory class
org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.dtd.DTDDVFactoryImpl does not extend from
DTDDVFactory.
     at
com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.impl.RDFReaderFImpl.getReader(RDFReaderFImpl.java:120)
     at com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.impl.ModelCom.read(ModelCom.java:220)
     at
com.ge.research.sadl.reasoner.ConfigurationManager.loadConfigurationFile(ConfigurationManager.java:212)[239:reasoner:1.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
     at
com.ge.research.sadl.reasoner.ConfigurationManager.<init>(ConfigurationManager.java:156)[239:reasoner:1.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
     at
com.ge.research.sadl.sadlserver.server.SadlServerImpl.selectServiceModel(SadlServerImpl.java:165)

Thanks.
Barry Hathaway

Re: karaf enhanced logging question

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Barry,

By default, Karaf uses (as defined in etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg) a
sift log appender which allows to have a log per bundle.

On the other hand, in the main karaf.log file, all log file are categorized.
It depends of the way that you handle the log.

commons-logging, log4j, avalon, slf4j are supported. It means that you
simply have to optionally import a logging package (for instance:

org.slf4j;resolution:=optional

after, you can use a Logger in your bundle.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré