Posted to users@jena.apache.org by ganesh chandra <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/08 01:13:17 UTC

Doubt regarding the returned result

Hello All,
I just started working on Jena and had a question I was hoping one of you could help me with. I have a Hugh pdf store and the after I make my query, I will have to convert the result to JSON format and store it elsewhere. The problem is, the returned result is too huge to store in the ram. Thus I wanted to know if I could directly put the returned answer to a Kafka queue, or read the returned result in parts. Is this possible? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Re: Doubt regarding the returned result

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Ganesh,

Are the results a SPARQL Result Set or a RDF Graph?

For a SPARQL result Set, formats such as aplication/sparql-results+json
do actually stream so you can process the results without having t have
them all in the client at the same time.

For an RDF Graph, you can load a persistent TDB store.

There isn't any code in Jena to put graphs or results sets on a Kafka
queue but given the steraming nature of the returns, you could write
code to do that without needing everything in RAM at any point.

     Andy