Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "A.Hachmann" <pu...@thesofa.de> on 2005/10/08 15:32:23 UTC

Mail not fully scanned

Hello,
I tried to install Spamassassin 3.0.1
When I start the Spamd spamc does not fully scan the Mail. It does not
add its header and does not rate the
mail.

In the logfile i can see the following messages.

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Node.pm line
119

As You can see, I have the perl version that seems to have some problems
as described in the INSTALL

But how do I go on now. How can I fix this problem.

Is the fact, that spamassassin does not rate the mails, due to this Perl
problem?

Thanks,
      Alexander

Re: Mail not fully scanned

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 06:08:49PM +0200, A.Hachmann wrote:
> I need to correct myself. I installed Spamassassin 3.1.0
>
> > Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Node.pm line
> > 119

Does this happen on all mails or just specific ones?  Do you have custom
plugins loaded or is the install a default one?  Line 119 is checking out the
content-type of a message part, and no parts of that line should ever be able
to be undef.  So either there's some strange malformed message that's causing
that (bug), or there's a custom plugin/patch which is calling the function
with an undef value (bug in that code not SA).

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
The meta-Turing test counts a thing as intelligent if it seeks to

AW: Mail not fully scanned

Posted by "A.Hachmann" <pu...@thesofa.de>.
Hallo
I need to correct myself. I installed Spamassassin 3.1.0

Has anyone any Idea?

Thx
	alexander
> When I start the Spamd spamc does not fully scan the Mail. It does not

> add its header and does not rate the mail.
>
> In the logfile i can see the following messages.
>
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Node.pm line
> 119
>
> As You can see, I have the perl version that seems to have some
> problems as described in the INSTALL
>
> But how do I go on now. How can I fix this problem.
>
> Is the fact, that spamassassin does not rate the mails, due to this
> Perl problem?

Try 3.04 instead. Even if it does not have THAT problem fixed it does
have a host of other problems including a DoS vulnerability repaired.

{^_^}

Re: Mail not fully scanned

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "A.Hachmann" <pu...@thesofa.de>