Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hilton <hk...@amsa.com> on 2009/01/21 18:30:37 UTC

ActiveMQ Queue Definition File

I am in the process of evaluating ActiveMQ as a message bus for our company.
I have a lot of experience with WebSphere MQ Series.  One of the features
that I was trying to find in ActiveMQ is the ability to export the queue
definitions so that we can manage them in a SCM system.  Is there a way to
create queue definitions via scripting with ActiveMQ and a way to export the
queue definitions already defined in ActiveMQ to a script file?  Thanks!

Re: ActiveMQ Queue Definition File

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
There is no need to create queues up front. The auto creation or on
demand creation of destination is one of the features that make using
ActiveMQ easy. It is possible to define destinations in the xml
configuraiton if you need to have more control.
There is some good detail in the FAQ at:
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-create-new-destinations.html

2009/1/21 Hilton <hk...@amsa.com>:

> I am in the process of evaluating ActiveMQ as a message bus for our company.
> I have a lot of experience with WebSphere MQ Series.  One of the features
> that I was trying to find in ActiveMQ is the ability to export the queue
> definitions so that we can manage them in a SCM system.  Is there a way to
> create queue definitions via scripting with ActiveMQ and a way to export the
> queue definitions already defined in ActiveMQ to a script file?  Thanks!

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source SOA
http://FUSESource.com