Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nazmul Bhuiyan <Na...@nz.fujitsu.com> on 2007/07/10 02:27:17 UTC

T5 Tutorial

Hello,

I'm following the T5 tutorial and getting the following error. I've ran this
at my work pc. Is there any proxy issue here or some thing else?

C:\tmp>mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry
-DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=5.0.5
-DgroupId=org.apache.tapestry -DartifactId=tapestry-tutorial1
-DpackageName=org.apache.tapestry.tutorial
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]

Re: T5 Tutorial

Posted by soir <ig...@gmail.com>.
Add version parameter as here:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry
-DarchetypeArtifactId=tapestry-simple -DarchetypeVersion=5.0.2
-DgroupId=org.example -DartifactId=myapp -DpackageName=org.example.myapp
-Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

this will use version 1.0-snapshot of archetype plugin.

Re: T5 Tutorial

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
And I'm on Maven 2.0.7 at this point.  This sure feels like a Maven
bug (it's complaining about a missing archetype plugin, not anything
to do with Tapestry specifically).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: T5 Tutorial

Posted by Donyee <xy...@gmail.com>.

----徐 依伟

Re: T5 Tutorial

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
What version of Maven are you using?

On 7/9/07, Nazmul Bhuiyan <Na...@nz.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm following the T5 tutorial and getting the following error. I've ran this
> at my work pc. Is there any proxy issue here or some thing else?
>
> C:\tmp>mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=5.0.5
> -DgroupId=org.apache.tapestry -DartifactId=tapestry-tutorial1
> -DpackageName=org.apache.tapestry.tutorial
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not
> exist or no valid version could be found
> [INFO]
> [INFO]

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.