Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/04 18:12:53 UTC

Re: lucene indexing and field configuration or schema

Hey Adrian:

Sorry about the late reply. I somehow missed your email.

We are doing some customizations with the Lucene indexing pipeline, here
are some examples we ran into that we used an external configuration file
to help us:

1) default payload size: we define this in our config file to avoid storing
a length per posting.
2) docvalue types: we have built updatable docvalue support for fix length
types, e.g. int, long etc., we store the type in the configuration file,
where as with lucene, a long would be used and could be wasteful for us.

Thanks

-John