Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jason Tesser <ja...@dotmarketing.com> on 2007/11/15 20:00:33 UTC

Clustering and Cahes

How exactly do caches work with Clustering?  I am thinking of using the
filesystem as the persistence manager and blobstore/datastore.  I understand
both of these will need to live on a SAN but I want the servers in the
cluster to cache assets as they get them to disk.  Does the CacheManager do
this?  Does jackrabbit provide a good way to do this.  Obviously the cache
itself needs to be clusterable so that the servers stay in sync :-)  I am
looking to avoid having to goto the same every time the same piece of
content is requested.

Thanks,
Jason S. Tesser
Lead Programmer