Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Joannes Vermorel <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/05 16:09:04 UTC

How to:Sales Order SQL query for ofBiz

We are considering implementing a sales forecasting add-on for ofBiz (we have
already done this with other ERPs, see http://community.lokad.com). In order
to support ofBiz, our needs are quite limited, since we need only a SQL
query to retrieve the sales order history. Yet we have no experience with
ofBiz at this point.

A few naive questions:
- was is the "right" module for to retrieve the sales orders history?
accounting or POS?
- we are making the query from a .NET application; it is possible to achieve
a database independence? (Web Services API maybe?); if not what would be the
suggested instead?

Best regards,
Joannès Vermorel
http://www.lokad.com
Hosted sales forecasting

Re: How to:Sales Order SQL query for ofBiz

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Apr 5, 2007, at 12:37 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

>> We are considering implementing a sales forecasting add-on for ofBiz
> (we have
>> already done this with other ERPs, see http://
>> community.lokad.com). In
> order
>> to support ofBiz, our needs are quite limited, since we need only a
> SQL
>> query to retrieve the sales order history. Yet we have no experience
> with
>> ofBiz at this point.
>>
>> A few naive questions:
>> - was is the "right" module for to retrieve the sales orders history?
>> accounting or POS?
>
> accouting, the POS is only an interface using other modules.

Actually sales _order_ history information would be from the order
component. Sales _invoice_ history would be in accounting.

-David

Re: How to:Sales Order SQL query for ofBiz

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

> We are considering implementing a sales forecasting add-on for ofBiz
(we have
> already done this with other ERPs, see http://community.lokad.com). In
order
> to support ofBiz, our needs are quite limited, since we need only a
SQL
> query to retrieve the sales order history. Yet we have no experience
with
> ofBiz at this point.
>
> A few naive questions:
> - was is the "right" module for to retrieve the sales orders history?
> accounting or POS?

accouting, the POS is only an interface using other modules.

> - we are making the query from a .NET application; it is possible to
achieve
> a database independence? (Web Services API maybe?); if not what would
be the

Yes using SOAP/WDSL you can use the OFBiz's services . It Require a tool
like Apache Axis Java2WSDL :
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#UsingWSDLWithAxis
Because OFBiz currently deals only with simple WDSL type (not complex
types) and uses the transport style="rpc" and not "document" used by
.Net

Jacques

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Joannes Vermorel wrote:
> We are considering implementing a sales forecasting add-on for ofBiz (we have
> already done this with other ERPs, see http://community.lokad.com). In order
> to support ofBiz, our needs are quite limited, since we need only a SQL
> query to retrieve the sales order history. Yet we have no experience with
> ofBiz at this point.

ofBiz works with all the databases you already support. It'll be nothing more in
learning which tables to pull data from, and you know what you need.

http://ofbiz.apache.org/documents.html

--
Walter