Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Anastacio Meza <am...@umail.iu.edu> on 2017/12/02 13:01:09 UTC

How does Apache POI work?

Hello,

My name is Anastacio Meza, but I go by Sal for short.  I have been trying
to find information on how A.POI interfaces with excel.  I am a computer
science major and am interested in how this works.  From what I've learned,
and I can't confirm it, A.POI is a collection of Java, and VBA commands.
A.POI communicates with windows OS via windows command prompt, and
manipulates excel with VBA.  Can you please tell me if this is correct?
Likewise, can you please give me more information on how A.POI interfaces
with windows.

I understand these questions are not short to answer.  If you have a
website, blog, or book to recommend that would be a great start for me.

Thank you,

Sal.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: How does Apache POI work?

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Hi Sal,

Apache POI website http://poi.apache.org/ is what you're looking for.

Regards,

Hervé

Re: How does Apache POI work?

Posted by Sagiruddin Mondal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Anastacio,

Here is the Apache POI code mirror. https://github.com/apache/poi

​Please go through the development. I have used POI several time. never dig
into the source. If you can find the basic mechanism on how to read all
different file please discuss here.

Best Regards,
Sagir