Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Svensson, Lars" <L....@dnb.de> on 2018/02/27 10:34:30 UTC

Problems configuring wagon-webdav-jackrabbit

Greetings,

This is my first post to this list so please bear with me if I'm ignoring something obvious...

I'm trying to deploy a set of files to a webdav server using Maven Wagon, but the plugin does not pick up the configuration specified in my POM. If I specify the URL parameter on the command line (using -Dwagon.url etc.) it works fine.

I could not find any specific examples on how to configure wagon for webdav, so I looked at the standard plugin configuration [1] and came up with the following:

<project>
  <build>
    <extensions>
      <extension>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
        <artifactId>wagon-webdav-jackrabbit</artifactId>
        <version>3.0.0</version>
      </extension>
    </extensions>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
        <artifactId>wagon-webdav-jackrabbit</artifactId>
        <version>3.0.0</version>
          <executions>
            <execution>
              <id>upload-artefacts-to-webdav</id>
              <phase>deploy</phase>
              <configuration>
                <fromDir>target/path/to/files</fromDir>
                <includes>*</includes>
                <url>dav://my.webdav.server/</url>
                <toDir>standards</toDir>
              </configuration>
              <goals>
                <goal>upload</goal>
              </goals>
            </execution>
          </executions>
        </plugin>
      </plugins>
   </build>
</project>

When I execute mvn wagon:upload, it first issues a warning

[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav-jackrabbit:3.0.0: Failed to parse plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav-jackrabbit:3.0.0 (D:\Workspace\m2repo\org\apache\maven\wagon\wagon-webdav-jackrabbit\3.0.0\wagon-webdav-jackrabbit-3.0.0.jar): No plugin descriptor found at META-INF/maven/plugin.xml

And then goes on to say

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0:upload (default-cli) on project myProject: The parameters 'url' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0:upload are missing or invalid -> [Help 1]

Any help on the correct configuration would be very helpful.

[1] https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-plugins.html#Configuring_Build_Plugins

Thanks,

Lars

RE: Problems configuring wagon-webdav-jackrabbit

Posted by "Svensson, Lars" <L....@dnb.de>.
On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:53 PM, anders.g.hammar@gmail.com [mailto:anders.g.hammar@gmail.com] On Behalf wrote:

> The problem is that you have specified the configuration for a specific
> execution. An execution bound to the deploy phase.
> If you want to execute from command line by specifying wagon:upload you
> should remove the executions sectio nand move the configuration out to
> plugin level. Also, from an aesthetic Maven perspective, you should have
> this in pluginManagement.
>
> Follow this example for maven-compiler-plugin:
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/usage.html

Ah, now it works. Thank you!

Best,

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
The problem is that you have specified the configuration for a specific
execution. An execution bound to the deploy phase.
If you want to execute from command line by specifying wagon:upload you
should remove the executions sectio nand move the configuration out to
plugin level. Also, from an aesthetic Maven perspective, you should have
this in pluginManagement.

Follow this example for maven-compiler-plugin:
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/usage.html

/Anders

Posted by "Svensson, Lars" <L....@dnb.de>.
On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:55 PM, Olivier Lamy [mailto:olamy@apache.org] wrote:

> try a dav url such
> <url>dav:http(s)://my.webdav.server/</url>

It already has that syntax <url>dav:http://my.server/</url>. What vexes me is that the plugin claims it cannot find the configuration. If I run

mvn -X wagon:upload

The console says

[DEBUG] Goal:          org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0:upload (default-cli)
[DEBUG] Style:         Regular
[DEBUG] Configuration: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
  <excludes>${wagon.excludes}</excludes>
  <followSymLink default-value="false">${wagon.followSymLink}</followSymLink>
  <fromDir default-value="${project.basedir}">${wagon.fromDir}</fromDir>
  <includes>${wagon.includes}</includes>
  <optimize default-value="false">${wagon.optimize}</optimize>
  <project default-value="${project}"/>
  <serverId default-value="serverId">${wagon.serverId}</serverId>
  <settings default-value="${settings}"/>
  <skip default-value="false">${wagon.skip}</skip>
  <toDir default-value="">${wagon.toDir}</toDir>
  <url>${wagon.url}</url>
  <useDefaultExcludes default-value="true">${wagon.useDefaultExcludes}</useDefaultExcludes>
</configuration>
[DEBUG] Configuring mojo org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0:upload from plugin realm ClassRealm[plugin>org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0, parent: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@55f96302]
[DEBUG] Configuring mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0:upload' with basic configurator -->

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
try a dav url such
<url>dav:http(s)://my.webdav.server/</url>

On 27 February 2018 at 21:52, Svensson, Lars <L....@dnb.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:34 PM, Olivier Lamy [mailto:
> olamy@apache.org] wrote:
>
> > On 27 February 2018 at 21:29, Svensson, Lars <L....@dnb.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Olivier and thanks for your quick reply!

> > > distributionManagement
> think you
> > >
> > > distributionManagement is not quite what I need since my use case is to
> > > copy some generated files to a remote location.
> > >
> > > I had been looking at the wagon-maven-plugin but didn't get it to work
> > > since the jars are not available.
> > >
> > > Now my pom looks like this (as specified in [1]):
> > >
> > > <project>
> > >   <build>
> > >     <extensions>
> > >       <extension>
> > >         <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
> > >         <version>2.8</version>
> > >       </extension>
> > >     </extensions>
> > >

> > change to <artifactId>wagon-webdav-jackrabbit</artifactId>
>
> OK. It loads the jar but brings us back where we started:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0:upload
> (default-cli) on project rdf: The parameters 'url' for goal
> org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0:upload are missing or invalid ->
> [Help 1]
>
> > >     <plugins>
> > >       <plugin>
> > >         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>wagon-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> > >          <version>1.0</version>
> > >          <executions>
> > >            <execution>
> > >              <id> upload-artefacts-to-webdav</id>
> > >              <phase>deploy</phase>
> > >              <configuration>
> > >                <fromDir> target/path/to/files</fromDir>
> > >                <includes>*</includes>
> > >                <url>dav://my.webdav.server/</url>
> > >                <toDir>standards</toDir>
> > >              </configuration>
> > >              <goals>
> > >                <goal>upload</goal>
> > >              </goals>
> > >            </execution>
> > >          </executions>
> > >        </plugin>
> > >      </plugins>
> > >   </build>
> > > </project>
>
> /Lars

Olivier Lamy

RE: Problems configuring wagon-webdav-jackrabbit

Posted by "Svensson, Lars" <L....@dnb.de>.
On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:34 PM, Olivier Lamy [mailto:olamy@apache.org] wrote:

> On 27 February 2018 at 21:29, Svensson, Lars <L....@dnb.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi Olivier and thanks for your quick reply!
> >
> > On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 11:54 AM, Olivier Lamy [mailto:
> > olamy@apache.org] wrote:
> >
> > > webdav is not a plugin but a protocol supported by wagon
> > > you're right using extension tag
> > > If you want to deploy your artifacts just configure
> > distributionManagement
> > > to use dav protocol: <url>dav:https://thewebdavurl/</url>
> > > Otherwise have a look at this plugin:
> > > http://www.mojohaus.org/wagon-maven-plugin/usage.html (which I think you
> > > want to achieve)
> >
> > distributionManagement is not quite what I need since my use case is to
> > copy some generated files to a remote location.
> >
> > I had been looking at the wagon-maven-plugin but didn't get it to work
> > since the jars are not available.
> >
> > Now my pom looks like this (as specified in [1]):
> >
> > <project>
> >   <build>
> >     <extensions>
> >       <extension>
> >         <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
> >         <artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
> >         <version>2.8</version>
> >       </extension>
> >     </extensions>
> >

> change to <artifactId>wagon-webdav-jackrabbit</artifactId>

OK. It loads the jar but brings us back where we started:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0:upload (default-cli) on project rdf: The parameters 'url' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0:upload are missing or invalid -> [Help 1]

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Svensson, Lars" <L....@dnb.de>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
webdav is not a plugin but a protocol supported by wagon
you're right using extension tag
If you want to deploy your artifacts just configure distributionManagement
to use dav protocol: <url>dav:https://thewebdavurl/</url>
Otherwise have a look at this plugin:
http://www.mojohaus.org/wagon-maven-plugin/usage.html (which I think you
want to achieve)