Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by anpm1989 <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/02 05:24:09 UTC

Encountered invalid class name

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie with Solr and J2E server. I trying to deploy Solr 4 to
Jboss-as-7.1.1.Final. Every thing is ok, i can go to
http://localhost:8080/solr without problem. But i see somethings happen in
console:
<code>
JBAS015893: Encountered invalid class name
'org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$Renewer' for service type
'org.apache.hadoop.security.token.TokenRenewer'

JBAS015893: Encountered invalid class name
'org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.security.token.block.BlockTokenIdentifier$Renewer'
for service type 'org.apache.hadoop.security.token.TokenRenewer'

JBAS015893: Encountered invalid class name
'org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.HftpFileSystem$TokenManager' for service type
'org.apache.hadoop.security.token.TokenRenewer'

JBAS015893: Encountered invalid class name
'org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.web.WebHdfsFileSystem$DtRenewer' for service type
'org.apache.hadoop.security.token.TokenRenewer'</code>

Please give me some idea about these issues.

Re: Encountered invalid class name

Posted by anpm1989 <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi  Erick Erickson,
Thank you for your idea. But i don't get your point, sorry about that :D. I
guess that i  have all relevant Hadoop jars in solr.war/solr/WEB-INF/lib.

 But i think this is a good idea, i will check it latter

Regards,
An MinhPham

Re: Encountered invalid class name

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You don't have the relevant Hadoop jars in your classpath. At least one
of these classes is in hadoop-hdfs-2.0.5-alpha.jar
Which, which I did just the normal jetty start of the 4.4 distro were in:
./solr-webapp/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/hadoop-hdfs-2.0.5-alpha.jar

So I'd guess you didn't get them into the right place when you did your
JBOSS deployment, but I confess I know little about JBOSS
Best
Erick

Posted by anpm1989 <mi...@yahoo.com>.
It's right, i have the same idea with you after checking
ServiceLoaderProcessor, it just warning and the className is added to the
list. Thank very much, Artem

Best wishes to you,
An Pham Minh

Re: Encountered invalid class name

Posted by Artem Karpenko <a....@oxseed.com>.
I'm not JBoss expert, but I'm pretty sure it should work fine. The
validator throws warnings, that's true. But it looks like those warnings
do not influence process of loading of the classes. I suggest you to
have a look at this diff
(https://source.jboss.org/browse/JBossAS/server/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/server/deployment/ServiceLoaderProcessor.java?u=20&r1=109be19ffb37191dce6f9f09249d6eb7ac6cc6a6&r2=f045a254462f0efaab258330ada4d2a8fbbdd073),
it seems to me that warnings are for display only, there will be attempt
to load those classes anyway (and this attempt will succeed for cases
like yours).

Regards,
Artem.

Posted by Artem Karpenko <a....@oxseed.com>.
OK, found the source of the warnings.
hadoop-hdfs jar contains META-INF/services declaration with some service
provider classes. The classes JBoss warns about are all inner classes.
This an issue of JBoss - see https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-1401 -
and seems to be resolved in version 8-alpha2.
For what it's worth, these are just warnings and seem to not have any
impact on actual class loading.

Posted by Artem Karpenko <a....@oxseed.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Artem Karpenko <a....@oxseed.com>.
Hi.

What is the version of Solr?
How exactly have you deployed it?
Have you used the .war file from the dist/ folder?
When do you see those messages?

Best regards,
Artem Karpenko.