Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Radhika Menon <ra...@lycos.com> on 2003/06/30 16:10:52 UTC

Jakarta Commons:Digester - Getting IllegalAccessException

Hi,
I am using Digester for parsing xml files in my application.I encounter a "IllegalAccessException" when it tries to invoke a public method on a "default" access class.

Any help/suggestions on this will be appreciated.

Thanks
RM

FileUpload - deletion of temp files problem

Posted by Bill Comer <bi...@lammtara.com>.
Hi there,

I have some servlet code that is correctly uploading two files however
two parameters that are passed to the servlet are also creating temp
files that I am unable to delete until resin restarts. As this will be
infrequent I need to resolve this. I can see that File.deleteOnExit() is
called but I have also explicitly called FileItem.delete()

I have modified Fileitem.delete() to return a boolean (which incidently
I would have thought to be a good idea anyway...shall I pass this to the
dev forum?)

public boolean delete()
    {
        byteStream = null;
        content = null;
        boolean ret = false;
        if (storeLocation != null && storeLocation.exists())
        {
            ret = storeLocation.delete();
        }
        return ret;
    }

This always returns 'false' !!!

Any clues ?

Bill

---

Re: Jakarta Commons:Digester - Getting IllegalAccessException

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
Hi,

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 02:10, Radhika Menon wrote:
> I am using Digester for parsing xml files in my application.I encounter a "IllegalAccessException" when it tries to invoke a public method on a "default" access class.

>From memory, I think this happens when the method being called throws an
exception. You should make sure this is not happening.

If this guess isn't right, please provide more details, like:
* the digester rules
* the class being invoked.

Regards,

Simon