Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by josh schwartz <jo...@idealab.com> on 2000/06/22 16:44:14 UTC

***JOB at idealab!***

idealab! creates, launches and operates Internet businesses. Founded in
March 1996, idealab! currently has approximately 50 businesses in various
stages of development. In addition to capital, idealab! provides a full
range of resources to infuse startup companies with the development
strategies and financial support needed to rapidly introduce innovative
products and services. Resources include office space and the accompanying
network infrastructure, consulting and services relating to development and
technology, graphic design, marketing, competitive research, legal,
accounting and business development support and services. In addition,
idealab! provides advice on strategy, branding and corporate structure.
idealab! public companies include GoTo.com, eToys, CitySearch, NetZero and
Tickets.com.
idealab! has just opened its New york City office and is looking for
exceptional web developers!!!!!! Here's what we need:
Experience is required in one or more of the following: Unix (Solaris,
FreeBSD, specifically Linux); Perl, CGI, C, C++; HTML, JavaScript; Web-based
environments, Apache, Apache API, mod_perl, Java (for backends and
interfaces); knowledge of mySQL, as well as the major SQL databases;
database design skills (table construction, layout, etc.). A BS and/or MS in
Computer Science is preferred (better yet, you bailed on college to write
code and have been building world class web sites ever since).

Joshua Schwartz
Talent Acquisition
idealab!
p: (212) 420-7700 x134
f:  (212) 420-7125
joshs@idealab.com
http://www.idealab.com

Re: [OT] Re: ***JOB at idealab!***

Posted by Jim Winstead <ji...@trainedmonkey.com>.
On Jun 23, Balazs Rauznitz wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, josh schwartz wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > In addition, idealab! provides advice on strategy, branding and
> > corporate structure. idealab! public companies include GoTo.com, eToys,
>                                                                    ^^^^^^
> Here we go again ;))))))

Actually, many people attribute part of eToys recent stock dip to
idealab! (or was it just Bill Gross?) divesting themselves of much
of their eToys holdings. In any case, the eToys folk were quite
proud of their independence from idealab! back when I interviewed
with them. :)

If you're looking to work in a crazy, fast-pace environment, idealab!
is really a great place, speaking as someone working at an
idealab!-incubated company. (And the chip they install that forces
you to spell it as "idealab!" all the time doesn't hurt at all.)
Their engineering group in Pasadena is an amazing group of talent,
and I'm sure they're stocking the New York office with the same
quality of people.

Speaking of that, we're hiring too. Check out the job listings at
http://www.homepage.com/jobs/programming.html and pretend you see
mod_perl mentioned more than CGI. Pre-IPO, well-funded, great people
(some ex-eToys employees :), cool new offices, interesting challenges,
etc.

Jim

[OT] Re: ***JOB at idealab!***

Posted by Balazs Rauznitz <ba...@commissioner.com>.

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, josh schwartz wrote:

[snip]

> In addition, idealab! provides advice on strategy, branding and
> corporate structure. idealab! public companies include GoTo.com, eToys,
                                                                   ^^^^^^
Here we go again ;))))))

-Balazs