Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/01/26 00:06:44 UTC

Re: Nightly corpus runs ...

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 03:06:44PM -0800, Justin Mason wrote:
> Best solution, I think.  rsync is already required for submission,
> and svn is still hard to install right now.  let's do that.

I need to write up a doc about it, but here's the basics for now:

Get ahold of http://rsync.spamassassin.org/$VERS-versions.txt, where
$VERS is either "nightly" or "weekly".  "nightly" is updated a little
before 0900 UTC Sunday through Friday.  "weekly" is updated at the same
time on Saturdays, and is meant to be a net-enabled run.  ie: wait until
at least 0900 UTC before trying to do a corpus run.  The above files
are also available via the standard rsync system.

The format of the above files is a file of "date <tab> revision <LF>",
date in YYYY-MM-DD format, revision being the value that comes out of SVN.
New lines are added to the bottom of the file.

So...  Grab the file, find the right line (you can either grep for the
date, or just take the last line of the file), and use the second column
to update your corpora version.  ie:

REV=`tail -1 nightly.txt | awk '{print $2}'`
cd /path/to/spamassassin-corpora
svn update -r $REV

I updated my scripts in contrib, and I think Quinlan updated his as well.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"The Motorola 6800 had an undocumented assembly opcode that earned the