Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Arnold, Curt" <Cu...@hyprotech.com> on 2000/05/17 14:11:13 UTC

COM wrapper

Sorry, I'm away from home and don't have the resources that I would like to track this down.  One of our guys here has been experimenting with the COM wrapper of the Xerces Parser (xerces-com.dll
version 1.0.0.1, xerces_1_2.dll) and was running into a immediate problem when trying to build a new document from scratch.

    Dim objXML As XMLDOMDocument
    Dim objElem As IXMLDOMNode

    ' This works (XMLDOMDocument object is created)
    Set objXML = New XMLDOMDocument

    ' This fails
    Set objElem = objXML.createElement("Root")

The same code works with the Microsoft Parser.

Could someone give me a some background a) on the current state of the COM wrapper, b) any differences between the CVS version and previous releases, c) any performance comparisions d) the module
owner.

Thanks

Re: COM wrapper

Posted by Andy Heninger <an...@jtcsv.com>.
> Could someone give me a some background a) on the current state of the COM
wrapper, b) any differences between the CVS version and previous releases,
c) any performance comparisions d) the module owner.

No one here at IBM is actively maintaining the COM wrappers.  The current
state of the code in the repository is unknown.  If anyone has the time and
inclination to keep the code alive, I'd be most appreciative.

Andy Heninger
IBM XML Technology Group, Cupertino, CA
heninger@us.ibm.com