Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> on 2012/04/22 11:46:32 UTC

wink-osgi patch

Hi Luciano

Thanks for improving and applying my WINK-351 patch. There is a single line
I've added in the version of the patch I was using and which I now
submitted as an extra mini-patch to the issue.

The additional line is

configuration.getProperties().setProperty("wink.rootResource", "none");

It feels right as at any path a resource can be registered via the
introduced whiteboard mechanism, however I couldn't reproduce the situation
were a resource cannot be registered because of a conflict with the default
root root resource.

Cheers,
Reto

Re: wink-osgi patch

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Luciano
>>
>> Thanks for improving and applying my WINK-351 patch. There is a single
>> line I've added in the version of the patch I was using and which I now
>> submitted as an extra mini-patch to the issue.
>>
>> The additional line is
>>
>> configuration.getProperties().setProperty("wink.rootResource", "none");
>>
>> It feels right as at any path a resource can be registered via the
>> introduced whiteboard mechanism, however I couldn't reproduce the situation
>> were a resource cannot be registered because of a conflict with the default
>> root root resource.
>>
> Okay, now I remember the problem without that additional line: The
> JaxRsFilter is a servlet filter, where no jax-rs resource is registered is
> should fall back  to the registered servlets, that way the wink-osgi bundle
> can be added to any OSGi application with web-interface. Without setting
> wink.rootResource to none wink-osgi would squat the root of the
> webapplication which is generally not what is wanted.
>
> Cheers,
> Reto

Thanks, 2nd patch applied.

--