Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/02/10 16:53:03 UTC

Re: ChangeLog + revert, broken [2] ?

So more info :

when you do something like :

tag
  op0
tag
  op1
tag
  op2

only one tga is created. So when reverting twice (as I did, expecting
to have an noop revert, and be back to op1), it move backward to op0,
as if the stack was :

tag
  op0
tag
  op1
tag
  op2

Shouldn't we 'name' the tags instead of using the operation number ?
ie, having something like :

tag-0
  op0
tag-1
  op1
tag-2
tag-3
  op2

so that the first 'revert' reverts tag-3, and the second 'revert'
reverts back to tag-2, leaving op1 available.

wdyt ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ChangeLog + revert, broken [2] ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oooohhhh OK.  Why would you do two tags with the same revision?

Just because between two tests from two different classes, I have no
idea if the previous test has modified some data or not, and so for
the previous class. I may have to revert theprevious method changes
and also the previously tested class.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ChangeLog + revert, broken [2] ?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
A tag has a revision associated with it. I thought this was already in the
Tag class.

Alex

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi Emmanuel,
>
> what I understood from the below mail is that the tag is also treated as a
> event but
> AFAIK, tagging is not considered as a event in CL.

Tag is using the revision number. As this revision number is
associated with a change, you can't put two different tags when no
modifictaion has been made, which is the problem I have.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ChangeLog + revert, broken [2] ?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>.
hi Emmanuel,

what I understood from the below mail is that the tag is also treated as a event but
AFAIK, tagging is not considered as a event in CL.

Kiran Ayyagari

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
--
Kiran Ayyagari> So more info :