Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Thomas Draier <td...@jahia.com> on 2016/09/14 12:53:52 UTC

release & commiters

Hi there,

What would you think of starting a release 1.1.0 ? There have been a lot of
bug fixes, and some improvements on the API (privacy, user profile, ability
to post conditions, ..), and also a long time since the last release.

And also, I would like to propose Abdelkader Midani and Damien Gaillard as
committers . Abdelakader already did  a lot of fixes, and Damien started to
contribute just one month ago but already did some interesting patches too.

Regards

thomas

Re: release & commiters

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

1/ for the release, no problem.

2/ regarding the committers, such kind of discussion should stand on
private mailing list (dev is a public mailing list). So, please, start
the discussion (or even a formal vote) there.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: release & commiters

Posted by Chris Laprun <cl...@jahia.com>.
+1 on my side for both release and committers.

Re: Unomi 2 roadmap (was Re: release & commiters)

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Yes thanks for catching that Chris I will need to test to see if I can integrate this feature. It would make the transition to ES 2.x a lot smoother as we already have some usage of Unomi that use dot characters.

cheers,
  Serge…

Posted by Chris Laprun <cl...@jahia.com>.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

by the way, we have a Maven plugin (we are using in Karaf and Pax Web
for instance) to check the semantic versioning and API change.

Agree with Chris: API breaking changes should result to a new major
branch/version. I would argue the same for important dependency upgrades.

We are using the same approach in Karaf.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Unomi 2 roadmap (was Re: release & commiters)

Posted by Chris Laprun <cl...@jahia.com>.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.

Re: release & commiters

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
In case you’re wondering you can find the package tarballs (source+binaries) here :

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheunomi-1005/org/apache/unomi/unomi/1.1.0-incubating/

I’ll try to do some basic verifications but I guess we need some mentors to help us out with the release process :) Thanks guys !

cheers,
  Serge…

Re: release & commiters

Posted by Thomas Draier <td...@jahia.com>.
Ok,

I'm preparing a new release without the GPL license (I cannot actually find
any reference in transitive dependency that references it), and without the
binary package (which can now be disabled by activating the src profile)

thanks,

thomas

Re: release & commiters

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.