Posted to builds@apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2011/06/12 17:58:10 UTC

FreeBSD Jail from Lucene: Too many open files in system

Hi,

Sorry to interrupt you on Sunday:
The FreeBSD Jail Lucene.zones: Too many open files in system - Cannot even
log in anymore (SSH connection is dropped). It seems that for jails the
number of open files is limited system-wide.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

RE: FreeBSD Jail from Lucene: Too many open files in system

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Robert, the tests were not the problem:

The machine was globally out of file handles even after killing all java processes, pctony fixed it - it was a global limitation on the whole physical machine, some other jail may also have caused this. Temporarily I was not even able to login anymore or fork processes (even after killing all java processes...)

-----

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.