Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2010/01/18 23:09:48 UTC

https://blogs.apache.org/community ?

Hi,

I think we should have a blog there, if people agree I volunteer to
make that happen.

-Bertrand

Re: https://blogs.apache.org/community ?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 19/01/2010 16:31, Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Ross Gardler<rg...@apache.org>  wrote:
>>> ...My only concern is the splitting of information sources for the project. I
>>> would therefore suggest we also:
>>>
>>> a) include the blog content (or at least headlines), in community.apache.org
>>> - can be done with a RSS reader widget I think
>>>
>>> b) have content posted on the blog emailed to this list (once we have a zone
>>> I have a script that will do this for us)
>>
>> Ok, sounds good but I think we can even get the blog before those
>> things are in place.

Agreed. I don't mean the above should be a blocker.

Ross

Re: https://blogs.apache.org/community ?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...My only concern is the splitting of information sources for the project. I
>> would therefore suggest we also:
>>
>> a) include the blog content (or at least headlines), in community.apache.org
>> - can be done with a RSS reader widget I think
>>
>> b) have content posted on the blog emailed to this list (once we have a zone
>> I have a script that will do this for us)
>
> Ok, sounds good but I think we can even get the blog before those
> things are in place.
>

>> On 18/01/2010 22:49, Luciano Resende wrote:
>>> Having a blog would be helpful. I was just wondering if the contents
>>> of the community blog would interest only a subset of the Apache
>>> community, or would be suitable for the main Apache blog....
>
> By main apache blog, do you mean http://blogs.apache.org/foundation?
> That's controlled by what used to be PRC, so we'd need to validate our
> posts with them every time.
>
> Also, any blog under http://blogs.apache.org gets aggregated at
> http://blogs.apache.org, so ours would be visible in any case. And we
> can ping the-artist-formerly-known-as-PRC when we have Big News.
>
>>> I guess
>>> having our own blog would give us more freedom, and we could
>>> cross-post subjects that are of wider interest...
>
> Yes, agree. Maybe not cross-post but at least let other groups know
> where we have news.
>
>> ...Hmmm.... I guess that depends on what people are planning to post on the
>> proposed blog. Bertrand, what kind of content are you imagining?...
>
> Just general informal news about comdev. Whatever crosses our minds, really.
>
> -Bertrand

Sounds good, +1 from me.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: https://blogs.apache.org/community ?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 18/01/2010 22:49, Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think we should have a blog there, if people agree I volunteer to
>> make that happen.

I might occasionally post, but I can't be relied on for regular posts.
However, if enough people were to post once in a while I think it is a
good idea.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.