Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Liu Haibin <li...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/21 10:02:34 UTC

on Wikipedia Edit Stream example

Hi,

I'm wondering why we don't need to run ./bin/start-local.sh for "Wikipedia
Edit Stream" example but we need to do it for "Quickstart" example.

I found that I can access http://localhost:8081 for "Quickstart" example
but not for "Wikipedia Edit Stream".

Where is "Wikipedia Edit Stream" running? Can I have http://localhost:8081 for
"Wikipedia Edit Stream"?

Regards,
Haibin

Re: on Wikipedia Edit Stream example

Posted by Nico Kruber <ni...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Haibin,
if you execute the program as in the Wiki edit example [1] from mvn as given
or from the IDE, a local Flink environment will be set up which is not
accessible form the outside by default. This is done by the call to
StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();
which also works in remote environments, i.e. if the jar is uploaded to a
running Flink cluster and executed there.

You can also do that if you like to, i.e. "mvn package" the wiki example and
let Flink run the code as in [2].

Nico

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/quickstart/
run_example_quickstart.html