Posted to users@maven.apache.org by houzecl <ch...@etat.ge.ch> on 2007/12/12 17:14:16 UTC

WAGON ERROR: Unknown parser type: NETWARE Type: L8

Hi,

We are using wagon ftp for Maven DOWNLOAD (not upload)
the wagon extension we use is wagon-ftp  1.0-beta-2

in order to use it for download we've followed workaround specified at
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2195

unfortunately, whatever the version used we get the following error:
"org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.ParserInitializationException: Unknown
parser type: NETWARE Type: L8"

any idea what's wrong

Christian-Luc

Re: WAGON ERROR: Unknown parser type: NETWARE Type: L8

Posted by houzecl <ch...@etat.ge.ch>.
we have identified this as a bug (missing feature ?) in the wagon-ftp
component (FtpWagon class) .
the FTPClient within must be configured as:

FTPClientConfig conf = new FTPClientConfig(FTPClientConfig.SYST_UNIX);
ftp.configure(conf);

plus, the NOVELL FTP server must be configure to be UNIX compliant

if all the above is not set, the error " ... Unknown parser type: NETWARE
Type: L8" will appear.

Christian-Luc