Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by edwin_wang <ed...@brocadesoft.com> on 2014/08/28 16:17:52 UTC

Memory Leak problem after upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.10

Hi All
Our production environment has use ActiveMQ 5.5.1 for a long time without
problem. However, recently we want to upgrade to JAVA7. Therefore, I try to
use ActiveMQ 5.10. However, since I use the version 5.10, the ActiveMQ will
easy run into out of memory problem after several day.

I try to reproduce the problem. I use the same environment and same
configration for both 5.5.1 and 5.10. After several days, the 5.10 run into
out of memory while the 5.5.1 go well.

I'm not sure whehter it is a problem of version 5.10 or I need to change any
configration after upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.10?

By the way, I have try to use JConsole to check the memory and found for
5.10 the problem is that the "Tenured Gen" will grow up and up until full.
And then JVM will do GC all the time and finally run into out of memory.
While, for 5.5.1 the "Tenured Gen" is well and can be successfully released
by full GC.

答复: Memory Leak problem after upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.10

Posted by edwin_wang <ed...@brocadesoft.com>.
OK,I will try to do this.

Posted by edwin_wang <ed...@brocadesoft.com>.
Bellow is result from Eclipse Memory Analyzer

*Problem Suspect 1*
One instance of "com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer" loaded by "<system
class loader>" occupies 182,127,056 (57.45%) bytes. The instance is
referenced by org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext @ 0xf142bc0 ,
loaded by "java.net.URLClassLoader @ 0xef3bad0". The memory is accumulated
in one instance of "java.util.HashMap$Entry[]" loaded by "<system class
loader>".

*Problem Suspect 2*
74,663 instances of "javax.management.ObjectName", loaded by "<system class
loader>" occupy 62,369,904 (19.67%) bytes. These instances are referenced
from one instance of "java.lang.Object[]", loaded by "<system class loader>"

*Possible Memory Waste*
Duplicate Strings
Found 146 occurrences of char[] with at least 10 instances having identical
content. Total size is 8,593,000 bytes.

Top elements include:
•22 × \u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u... (59,338 bytes)
•4,355 × JMS Client id of the Connection the Producer is on... (120 bytes)
•4,355 × User Name used to authorize creation of this Produ... (120 bytes)
•4,355 × The name of the destionation the Producer is on. (112 bytes)
•4,355 × Is the producer configured for Async Dispatch (104 bytes)

Re: Memory Leak problem after upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.10