Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Gregor Kiddie <Gr...@channeladvisor.com> on 2010/06/10 17:33:12 UTC

Tuscany and Spring 3

Is this possible yet? Whenever I try it with any version of Spring later
than 2.5.5 I get unimplemented exceptions (Using Tuscany 1.6).

I noticed Tuscany 2 is using Spring 2.5.5 as well, so nothing has
changed on this front?

Gk.

Re: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Deploying and running your application? If so, can you post the composite file here?

Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond Feng
rfeng@apache.org
Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com

RE: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Gregor Kiddie <Gr...@channeladvisor.com>.

Re: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Gregor Kiddie
<Gr...@channeladvisor.com> wrote:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3605
>
> Anyone know if this made it into the M5 release?
>
> Gk.

No, this was fixed post M5.

RE: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Gregor Kiddie <Gr...@channeladvisor.com>.

Re: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Gregor Kiddie
<Gr...@channeladvisor.com> wrote:
> Ok, checked out the latest code ( as of 18/06/10 ) and built it.
>
> I'm getting this exception when I try to run it.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.impl.ExtensionImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.Composite
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeDocumentProcessor.read(CompositeDocumentProcessor.java:114)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeDocumentProcessor.read(CompositeDocumentProcessor.java:87)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeDocumentProcessor.read(CompositeDocumentProcessor.java:50)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.DefaultURLArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint$LazyURLArtifactProcessor.read(DefaultURLArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint.java:288)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleURLArtifactProcessor.read(ExtensibleURLArtifactProcessor.java:109)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.impl.ContributionContentProcessor.read(ContributionContentProcessor.java:152)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.impl.ContributionContentProcessor.read(ContributionContentProcessor.java:64)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.DefaultURLArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint$LazyURLArtifactProcessor.read(DefaultURLArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint.java:288)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.deployment.impl.DeployerImpl.loadContribution(DeployerImpl.java:621)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeFactoryImpl.loadContributions(NodeFactoryImpl.java:394)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.start(NodeImpl.java:125)

Note that I also recently changed the implementation-spring-sca to
implementation-spring-runtime. If your application is using maven,
please make sure you have the right artifact name for the dependency.

RE: Tuscany and Spring 3

RE: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Gregor Kiddie <Gr...@channeladvisor.com>.
Fantastic, will do. I appreciate it!

Gk.

Re: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

RE: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Gregor Kiddie <Gr...@channeladvisor.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Gregor Kiddie
<Gr...@channeladvisor.com> wrote:
> I'll take a look at the fix for that issue you linked.
>
> Any ideas how much effort it would be to write a patch for using Spring 3? I'll take a look at it myself if you reckon it's not too bad.
>
> Gk.

Bumping Spring to 3 shouldn't be hard, you might experience some
compilation errors if there are API changes, and we can help solving
the issues you find along the way.

RE: Tuscany and Spring 3

Posted by Gregor Kiddie <Gr...@channeladvisor.com>.

Re: Tuscany and Spring 3