Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2009/04/22 06:49:56 UTC

[math] Java 6 dependancies

I can't compile commons-math any longer due to the below errors.  It seems
that some 1.6 methods have creaped in.  I have no problem upgrading to 1.6
if that is what is necessary, but I thought 1.5 was the targeted version.

    [javac] symbol  : method newInstance(java.lang.Class<capture of ?
extends org.apache.commons.math.FieldElement>,int,int)
    [javac] location: class java.lang.reflect.Array
    [javac]             (T[][])
Array.newInstance(field.getZero().getClass(), rows, columns);
    [javac]                          ^
    [javac] symbol  : method newInstance(java.lang.Class<capture of ?
extends org.apache.commons.math.FieldElement>,int,int)
    [javac] location: class java.lang.reflect.Array
    [javac]         final T[][] d = (T[][])
Array.newInstance(zero.getClass(), dimension, dimension);
    [javac]                                      ^

Re: [math] Java 6 dependancies

Posted by lu...@free.fr.
----- "Bill Barker" <wb...@wilshire.com> a écrit :

> I can't compile commons-math any longer due to the below errors.  It
> seems
> that some 1.6 methods have creaped in.  I have no problem upgrading to
> 1.6
> if that is what is necessary, but I thought 1.5 was the targeted
> version.

Yes, it is for now the targeted version.

>     [javac] symbol  : method newInstance(java.lang.Class<capture of ?
>
> extends org.apache.commons.math.FieldElement>,int,int)
>     [javac] location: class java.lang.reflect.Array
>     [javac]             (T[][])
> Array.newInstance(field.getZero().getClass(), rows, columns);
>     [javac]                          ^
>     [javac] symbol  : method newInstance(java.lang.Class<capture of ?
>
> extends org.apache.commons.math.FieldElement>,int,int)
>     [javac] location: class java.lang.reflect.Array
>     [javac]         final T[][] d = (T[][])
> Array.newInstance(zero.getClass(), dimension, dimension);
>     [javac]                                      ^

It's my fault. I used the newInstance(Class<T>, int ...) signature but in Java5 it was still newInstance(Class<T>, int[]). I have fixed it in the subversion repository.

Thanks for the reports and sorry for the error,
Luc