Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pekník Jan <Pe...@webcom.cz> on 2001/10/11 19:04:50 UTC

problems with Include directive

Hi,

I have this problem : when I use Include directive on main page, it seems
that contentType (encoding) I've set
on the including page is not applied on the included page.

Does anyone encountered this problem too? what is the solution?

		-J. Peknik
---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.286 / Virová báze: 152 - datum vydání: 9.10. 2001

Re: problems with Include directive

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Pekník Jan wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:04:50 +0200
> From: Pekník Jan <Pe...@webcom.cz>
> To: "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: problems with  Include directive
>

> Hi,
>
> I have this problem : when I use Include directive on main page, it seems
> that contentType (encoding) I've set
> on the including page is not applied on the included page.
>
> Does anyone encountered this problem too? what is the solution?

This is a restriction defined in the Servlet and JSP specifications.  You
cannot modify HTTP headers from an included servlet or JSP page.
Therefore, the character encoding (and content type, and all other HTTP
headers) related to the response *must* be sent in the main servlet or
page.

> 		-J. Peknik

Craig McClanahan