Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/19 17:51:01 UTC

[DAEMON] Procrun documentation - --LogJniMessages parameter?

prunsrv //? includes

--LogJniMessages

which is not documented anywhere as far as I can tell.

The parameter takes a numeric value, but what the value is used for, I
have no idea.

Anyone know so I can update the docs?

Re: [DAEMON] Procrun documentation - --LogJniMessages parameter?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19/03/2010, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 03/19/2010 06:10 PM, sebb wrote:

> > >  Sure. I added this recently.
> > >  It is for jvm mode only and causes to register the JVM vprintf
> callback.
> > >
> > >  Before it was on by default, and it causes to redirect all
> > >  JVM jni debug messages to procrun log file.
> > >  So now that stdout and stderr redirection works this is
> > >  not needed. However if you don't set stdout/stderr redirection that
> > >  setting the LogJniMessages to non zero value will still cause to
> > >  log this messages in procrun log file.
> > >

> > If using stdout/err redirection, and you set the value non-zero, does
> > it change the destination of the debug messages?
> >
> > Or does it only route the messages to the procrun log file if
> > stdout/stderr redirection is not being used?
> >

>  The later.

Sorry, one more question about this:

stdout/stderr redirections are independent of each other, so which
does JNI debug use?
Or does it use both?
And if only one is redirected, does the jni flag route the other to
the procrun log file?

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.