Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dan McCormick <da...@metro.net> on 2000/04/14 03:34:43 UTC

Apache::SSI forces text/html?

Hi,

I was just trying to hack a script into showing its HTML output to a
browser by setting the content type to 'text/plain', but it looks like
Apache::SSI, which I'm using, always sets the content type to
'text/html' (line 23 Apache::SSI).

I'm also using Apache::ASP, which apparently gets its
$Response->{ContentType} setting overridden.

I commented out the $r->content_type line in Apache::SSI and now
everything works fine.  Is there a compelling reason for keeping that
setting in there?  I can imagine people might use SSI to spit out more
than HTML code.

Dan

Details:
Apache::SSI 2.21
Apache::ASP 0.18

httpd.conf
    PerlHandler Apache::ASP Apache::SSI
    PerlSetVar Filter On

Re: Apache::SSI forces text/html?

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

KW> I'll remove it if it won't break anything - will Apache set the type to
KW> text/html if no other information is given?

Apache has a default document type parameter, and I believe the
shipped configurations say text/plain.

Re: Apache::SSI forces text/html?

Posted by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu>.
danmcc@metro.net (Dan McCormick) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was just trying to hack a script into showing its HTML output to a
>browser by setting the content type to 'text/plain', but it looks like
>Apache::SSI, which I'm using, always sets the content type to
>'text/html' (line 23 Apache::SSI).

I'll remove it if it won't break anything - will Apache set the type to
text/html if no other information is given?

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum