Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Arno de Quaasteniet <ar...@x-hive.com> on 2002/11/14 13:20:45 UTC

Attachments and java2WSDL and WSDL2Java

Hi

I have a webservice with the following interface:

  public DataHandler getDocument(String documentPath) {
  }

Is it possible to use Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java? I read some messages on
the mailinglist that it's not possible and other say that it is.

When using java2WSDL the WSDl file does mention the datahandler but it
isn't saying anything about attachments:

   <wsdl:message name="getDocumentResponse">

      <wsdl:part name="getDocumentReturn"
type="apachesoap:DataHandler"/>

   </wsdl:message>

When using the java2WSDl tool I get the message:

[wsdl2java] WSDL2Java ../build/etc/XhiveServerSessionIf.wsdl
[wsdl2java] Running Wsdl2javaAntTask with parameters:
[wsdl2java]     verbose:false
[wsdl2java]     server-side:false
[wsdl2java]     skeletonDeploy:true
[wsdl2java]     helperGen:false
[wsdl2java]     factory:null
[wsdl2java]     testCase:false
[wsdl2java]     noImports:false
[wsdl2java]     NStoPkg:{XhiveServerSessionIf=com.xhive.soap.client}
[wsdl2java]     output:D:\modules\xhive-soap\build\main\generated-src
[wsdl2java]     deployScope:session
[wsdl2java]     URL:../build/etc/XhiveServerSessionIf.wsdl
[wsdl2java]     all:false
[wsdl2java]     typeMappingVersion:1.1
[wsdl2java]     timeout:45000
[wsdl2java]     failOnNetworkErrors:false
[wsdl2java]     printStackTraceOnFailure:true
[wsdl2java] java.io.IOException: Type
{http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap}DataHandler is referenced but not
defined.
[wsdl2java]     at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(SymbolTab
le.java:484)
[wsdl2java]     at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:384)
[wsdl2java]     at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:3
71)
[wsdl2java]     at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:3
58)
[wsdl2java]     at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:243)
[wsdl2java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Thanks in advance

Arno de Quaasteniet