Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Stanislav Pogrebnyak <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/06 19:51:30 UTC

Troubles with records.

Hi!
I use hbase for storing some information and I've meet a problem.
My Records disappear from hbase. I can't understand how and when it happens.
So:
  * Records disappears after a time period of week or 5 days
  * If I'll put a record to db before disappearing it will stay for a time
periodю It works like timing queue
  * I can find records on the disk in hbase-root due to my schema
  * I've found that data stores in
/tmp/hbase/home/hbase/hbase/log_74.63.8.181_1223313521507_45 just after I
put it

My configuration file is hbase-default.xml without any changes.

Hbase version is 0.1.3.

environment variables

     export JAVA_HOME=/opt/java
     export HBASE_HEAPSIZE=256

I'm starting hbase using

cd $HBASE_HOME
./bin/start-hbase.sh

also I'm using REST

cd $HBASE_HOME
./bin/hbase-daemon.sh start rest
--
wbr, Stanislav O. Pogrebnyak

Re: Troubles with records.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Stanislav,

Data in /tmp is regularly cleaned, you should change your configuration!

It would also be a good idea to upgrade to 0.2.1 or 0.18.0

J-D