Posted to user@poi.apache.org by CP Agrawal <cp...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/18 01:49:09 UTC

Help with Named Ranges

Besides using references in Named Ranges I also use them to define
constants and also
OFFSETS.
Examples -
Example of a Constant:  EndOfList =999999
Example of OFFSET: SWCHGBLN=OFFSET(SWUPDATE!$AD$27, 0, 0,
SWUPDATE!$L$7, SWUPDATE!$L$12)

When I try to reference these ranges I get exceptions. Any way of
getting at them. I don't want to parse the values I just want to get
them as string so I can verify this excel template has  named range
according to specification.

Also, in case of reference, how do I get to cells within the reference.

-- CP Agrawal

Re: Help with Named Ranges

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
I don't think POI can fetch that reference for you automatically.

If POI can't even load/write something like this without exceptions,
please submit it to bugzilla so we have something to look at.