Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alessandro Ferrucci <a....@corp.aol.com> on 2008/04/23 22:46:26 UTC

keep out META-INF/context.xml

hey guys

I'm trying to exclude a context.xml from a webapp.  I have the following
snippet in my build element:

<resources>
            <resource>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/application.jmx.properties</exclude>
                    <exclude>**/log4j.properties</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <directory>src/main/java/webapp/META-INF</directory>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/context.xml</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>
        </resources>

my directory structure over context.xml looks like this:

src/main/java/webapp/META-INF/context.xml

context.xml is still not being excluded, but application.jmx.properties
and log4j.properties are, anyone know what gives?

Thanks

Alessandro Ferrucci

Re: keep out META-INF/context.xml

Posted by Alessandro Ferrucci <a....@corp.aol.com>.
Hello folks,  I solved this issue, what got it to work was including

<warSourceExcludes>
   META-INF/context.xml
</warSourceExcludes>

In the configuration element of my maven-war-plugin.

Thanks for Alan Stoll for pointing this out.

Alessandro Ferrucci :)

Posted by Alessandro Ferrucci <a....@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alessandro Ferrucci <a....@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@Elsag-Solutions.com>.

Posted by Alessandro Ferrucci <a....@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by "Allen, Daniel" <Da...@kbcfp.com>.
I'm not 100% sure (still new at Maven myself) but I believe that copying
files to webapp/* takes place in a different phase. So what I think is
happening is that you've excluded the context.xml file from your main
resources phase, but it gets included in the WAR packaging secondary
resource phase, which is when Maven starts dealing with webapp stuff.

Try adding this to your POM:

		<plugins>
			<plugin>
	      		<executions>
		          	<execution>
		          		<configuration>
		          			<webResources>
		          				<!-- These
resources need to go into WEB-INF, which only exists after the package
phase
		          				     (the normal
<resources> tags are processed in compile & generate-sources), so the
WAR
		          				     plug-in
handles them instead of the main program. -->
					            <resource>

<directory>/src/main/webapp/META-INF</directory>

<targetPath>WEB-INF</targetPath>

<excludes>

<exclude>**/context.xml</exclude>

</excludes>
					            </resource>
					   		</webResources>
		          		</configuration>
		          	</execution>
		    	</executions>
	      	</plugin>
			.
			. (other plugins)
			.
		</plugins>

You might have to change the <directory>, and I think you might be able
to delete the target path element, but I believe that should get the WAR
packaging phase to ignore the context file.

Hope that helps.
~Dan Allen

--
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to an unintended recipient. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender, not those of any entity within the KBC Financial Products group of companies (together referred to as "KBC FP").

This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the part of KBC FP. It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a recommendation to buy or sell, any financial product. Any prices or other values included in this message are indicative only, and do not necessarily represent current market prices, prices at which KBC FP would enter into a transaction, or prices at which similar transactions may be carried on KBC FP's own books. The information contained in this message is provided "as is", without representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Past performance is not indicative of future returns.