Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Joshua J. Fielek" <jf...@centriccrm.com> on 2007/09/01 22:00:46 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 Java instance issue...

Hey folks --

We have an install of tomcat 5.5 (JRE is 1.5) running a set of instances of our application (Centric CRM). The OS is a Linux flavor. On occasion, java usage spikes to roughly 99% of CPU, and memory usage spikes as well, bringing the entire system to its virtual knees. The app does use a fair amount of database access (Postgres 8.X -- don't know the exact version on this install, but I can find out).

Are there any known issues with Tomcat 5.5 that could cause this? I've been googling about a little, but haven't seen anything specific yet.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Joshua J. Fielek
Sr. Software Engineer
Centric CRM
223 East City Hall Ave., Suite 212
Norfolk, VA 23510
Phone  : (757) 627-3002x6656
Mobile : (757) 754-4462
Fax    : (757) 627-8773
Email  : jfielek@centriccrm.com
http://www.centriccrm.com

Re: Tomcat 5.5 Java instance issue...

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Joshua J. Fielek wrote:
> Are there any known issues with Tomcat 5.5 that could cause this?
No.

> Any insights would be appreciated.
Get yourself a profiler. It sounds like an application issue.

Mark