Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Hans C. Poo" <ha...@welinux.cl> on 2011/08/12 15:06:02 UTC

Strategy to isolate HTML with Xpath and the use regexes

Hi,

I was wondering if it is a good strategy to isolate some container (div) section of an HTML page and then extract values from some links there using regexes ?

Hans

Re: Strategy to isolate HTML with Xpath and the use regexes

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
Hi,

On 08/12/2011 03:06 PM, Hans C. Poo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it is a good strategy to isolate some container (div) section of an HTML page and then extract values from some links there using regexes ?

from what I hear, XPath performes worse than regexes, so it would be
folly to not use regexes for everything in this scenario (except of
course, your selector is so subtle that the regex would be several
orders of magnitude more complex than XPath - then KISS would demand
that you do combine them).

I should add that I have no idea if this can be easily implemented in
Jmeter (never did anything with XPath whatsoever).

HTH,
Felix

Re: Strategy to isolate HTML with Xpath and the use regexes

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
sure. If using 2.4 use JMeter Variable in the second extractor , if using
versions earlier than that use the __regex function for the second pass

regards
deepak