Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2010/01/01 21:36:37 UTC

Re: svn commit: r895065 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/images/rewrite_rule_flow.png

Hi,

Is it possible to get the file also in some vector format?

nd

--
"Eine Eieruhr", erklärt ihr Hermann, "besteht aus einem Ei. Du nimmst
das Ei und kochst es. Wenn es hart ist, sind fünf Minuten um. Dann weißt

Re: svn commit: r895065 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/images/rewrite_rule_flow.png

Posted by Joseph Pecoraro <jo...@gmail.com>.
>> I'm sorry, I don't know how to answer this. André, is there a
>> preferred vector format?
>
> I'd go *preferrably* for SVG, but let's use EPS for now.

I agree. I was a bit disappointed that OmniGraffle did not export
to SVG. I looked around, and it turns out I can export as PDF,
import to Inkscape, and export as SVG from there. There seem to
be some minor issues with shadows/gradients.

When I find some free time I'll export to a bunch of formats,
put them online, and point you to them. Cheers.

- Joseph Pecoraro

Re: svn commit: r895065 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/images/rewrite_rule_flow.png

Posted by Joseph Pecoraro <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 13, 2010, at 11: 22AM, André Malo wrote:

> I'd go *preferrably* for SVG, but let's use EPS for now. Thanks Joseph!

I uploaded a few different formats (EPS, PDF, Photoshop) of each image here:
http://bogojoker.com/pub/mod_rewrite_images/

I successfully turned the flow chart into an SVG:
http://bogojoker.com/pub/mod_rewrite_images/rewrite_url.svg

However, the others looked pretty bad because they use a tricky font =/.

Take whatever you need. And if you need updates to any, just let me know.

- Joe

Re: svn commit: r895065 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/images/rewrite_rule_flow.png

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Rich Bowen wrote:

> I'm sorry, I don't know how to answer this. André, is there a
> preferred vector format?

Sorry, for the late response...

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to answer this. André, is there a
preferred vector format?

What we have there is already a big improvement.

I also don't have Photoshop, nor the fu to use it if I had it.

On Jan 13, 2010, at 11:05 , Joseph Pecoraro wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2010, at 15:36 , André Malo wrote:
>> Is it possible to get the file also in some vector format?
>

> I haven't gotten a response yet. The vector formats I could export
> to were: NOTE: all are listed at http://grab.by/1tYL
>
>  - PDF vector image
>  - EPS vector image
>  - PICT vector image
>
> I can also export to Photoshop (I don't know what version) if that
> would be useful for someone else, so they could then export to a
> different format. I don't personally have Photoshop.
>
> - Joe

Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com

Re: svn commit: r895065 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/images/rewrite_rule_flow.png

Posted by Joseph Pecoraro <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joseph Pecoraro <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 1, 2010, at 3: 40PM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I don't know. I agree, that would be useful. These images (there's a few more) were donated by Joseph Pecoraro, who is now, I believe, following this list. Joseph?

Sure, I created the images in OmniGraffle 5:
http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/OmniGraffle/

It looks as though I can export them in a number of formats.
Do any of these look useful to you?
http://grab.by/1tYL

Joseph Pecoraro

Re: svn commit: r895065 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/images/rewrite_rule_flow.png

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
I don't know. I agree, that would be useful. These images (there's a
few more) were donated by Joseph Pecoraro, who is now, I believe,
following this list. Joseph?

On Jan 1, 2010, at 15:36 , André Malo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to get the file also in some vector format?
>
> nd
>
> * rbowen@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: rbowen
>> Date: Fri Jan  1 20:25:37 2010
>> New Revision: 895065

>> Log:
>> Rewrite rule flow. Diagram donated by Joseph Pecoraro.
>>
>> Added:
>>    httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/images/rewrite_rule_flow.png   (with
>> props)
>>
>> Added: httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/images/rewrite_rule_flow.png
>> =
>> =
>> =
>> =
>> ===== Binary file - no diff available.
>>
>> Propchange: httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/images/
>> rewrite_rule_flow.png
>> ----- svn:mime-type = application/octet-stream
>

> --
> "Eine Eieruhr", erklärt ihr Hermann, "besteht aus einem Ei. Du nimmst
> das Ei und kochst es. Wenn es hart ist, sind fünf Minuten um. Dann
> weißt
> du, daß die Zeit vergangen ist."
>                             -- Hannes Hüttner in "Das Blaue vom
> Himmel"