Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org> on 2016/07/14 18:00:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.1.0 RC1

Hi,

the UIMA-DUCC 2.1.0 release candidate 1 is ready for voting.

This version contains the following new features and fixes:

- DUCC framework runs on Java 7 or Java 8, each supporting applications
using either JRE
- Ubuntu and RHEL 7 support
- cgroup enhancements
   - uses standard cgroup organization
   - supports cgroup swappiness setting, restricting any swapping if desired
- DUCC state and history storage moved from flat files to Cassandra DB,
reducing storage size 5x
- ships with latest UIMA-AS v2.8.1
- ships with recent AMQ v5.13.2
- DUCC's UIMA-AS services support failover: and ssl: connectors
- many ducc webpage improvements
- clear user display of ducc classes and relation to machines
- robust handling of dynamic changes to ducc class and nodepool definitions
- full support of nodepools with different quantum
- DUCC broker access restricted to user ducc
- eliminate need for user home directories located on a shared filesystem
- built in Job error handler programmable per job
- migration utility for DUCC updates
- change to vary_off behavior to facilitate cluster management
- horizontal stacking of service instance allocations
- java-viaducc improvements including separation of stdout from stderr
are down

The list of all changes in Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.1.0-Ducc%22%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20ASC

The source and binary zip/tars and the Eclipse update site are staged to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uima-ducc/2.1.0/RC1/

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1099

The SVN tags are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-ducc/tags/uima-ducc-2.1.0/

See http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for suggestions on how to
test
release candidates.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.1.0 RC1

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
- fetched uima-ducc-2.1.0-bin.tar.gz
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uima-ducc/2.1.0/RC1/uima-ducc-2.1.0-bin.tar.gz>
and installed as potential new apache ducc demo
- WebServer DUCC Book link is broken

[X] -1 Not OK to release

Lou.

<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uima-ducc/2.1.0/RC1/uima-ducc-2.1.0-bin.tar.gz>

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
DUCC does not have eclipse plugins so no Eclipse update site needed.

My thinking is to release DUCC with the current UIMA and UIMA-AS and
do another release of DUCC to include the latest UIMA's. It may take
weeks to get both of them through the vote.

Jerry

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
re: