Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Henry Saginor <hs...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/14 05:51:48 UTC

sling npm release process

Hi,

The slingpackager [1] is a nodejs based tool for managing content packages. I would like to start publishing it on npmjs.org <http://npmjs.org/>.
I understand that there is apache-sling org on npmjs.org. But since slingpackager the first Sling nodejs module we don’t really have a process for this.
I want to start a discussion here to define it.

Please feel free to respond with any thoughts you may have. I know this is really open ended. :)

Henry

1. https://github.com/apache/sling-slingpackager

Re: sling npm release process

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Henry,

On Tue, 2020-12-29 at 15:16 -0800, Henry Saginor wrote:
> Sorry for a delay but I finally had some time to work on this. So,
> what is the process for uploading a release to dist.apache.org <
> http://dist.apache.org/>?

Have you seen [1]? This is our current process, based on the official
ASF release policy [2].

> According to release policy only PMC members can upload a release.
>
> Also, I have committed my work related to packaging and release
> process for slingpackager to this branch for now
> https://github.com/apache/sling-slingpackager/tree/travisBuild
> if anyone has time and is interested in review and feedback that’s
> always welcome

Out of curiosity, why Travis? We use Jenkins + the declarative pipeline
with good results.

Thanks,
Robert

[1]: https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html
[2]: https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html

Posted by Henry Saginor <hs...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for a delay but I finally had some time to work on this. So, what is the process for uploading a release to dist.apache.org <http://dist.apache.org/>?
According to release policy only PMC members can upload a release.

Also, I have committed my work related to packaging and release process for slingpackager to this branch for now
https://github.com/apache/sling-slingpackager/tree/travisBuild
if anyone has time and is interested in review and feedback that’s always welcome

Thank You.
Happy New Year!

Henry

Posted by Henry Saginor <hs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Yes, I got. I have this org now. Thanks.

I think following ASF process should sufficient to start. I will try to get familiar with how other projects do this over the weekend as well.

Henry

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Henry,