Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2014/01/10 04:55:10 UTC

2.0.0 Release time

Yup it's new year so I believe it's release time for a hot 2.0.0! :-)

Any objections?

Cheers,
--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: 2.0.0 Release time

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
nope no delete tag and respin (OMG I already read this discussion
somewhere else :-) )

On 14 January 2014 18:04, Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, Olivier, is that "a delete the tag and respin" answer or not?
>
> -Chris
>

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

>> specific promotion of the 2.0.0 release once it is GA.

>> :-) )
>> >
>> > I was thinking more like the typical Maven releases - in other words, if
>> we put up 2.0.0 for vote and it fails, what happens next? Re-spin 2.0.0,
>> move to 2.0.1, or do we start out with some 2.0.0-RCx releases until it's
>> good? Or do we do more snapshot testing until we already have a passable
>> number of +1's and then just vote on 2.0.0 then?
>> >
>> RCx some good for a major release. I can start working with a RC branch.
>>
>> But I'd like we use the Tomcat model (move from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 etc..
>> and keep the tag in svn) but for IMHO make more sense to have 2.0.0
>> first before a 2.0.1 :-)

>> on testing recently... unfortunately this week is particularly bad as I'm
>> fully booked up already :)

>> test :P
>> >
>> > Thanks :)
>> >
>> > - Brett
>> >
>> > --
>> > Brett Porter   @brettporter
>> > http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
>> > http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter
>> >

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: 2.0.0 Release time

Posted by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.0.0 Release time

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0.0 Release time

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0.0 Release time

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0.0 Release time

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0.0 Release time

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Feel free to download from here:
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Archiva/job/archiva-all-maven-3.x-jdk-1.6/

builds #2218 +

On 10 January 2014 15:16, Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we have a stable build that I can at least test first?
> Which jenkins job should I take a build from and quickly test?
> -Chris
>

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Yup it's new year so I believe it's release time for a hot 2.0.0! :-)
>>
>> Any objections?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Olivier Lamy