Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Dan Silivestru <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/17 17:55:59 UTC

Should we have a WiKi?

Hi All,

I think we should request a wiki for our project. I'm thinking it would be
a great place to document Ripple both from a contributor perspective and a
developer's perspective.

Thoughts?

Dan Silivestru
+1 (519) 589-3624

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
+1 wiki

having doc's in the repo is nice but would require us to grant push access
for people to contribute to the discussion (which is very limiting).

We can't use github wiki's or pages just FYI :)

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Definitely. It should be clear that all the apache infra that's setup for
Ripple should be targetted towards contributors/committers/developers, not
consumers.

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.

--
Brent

RE: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Ken Wallis <kw...@rim.com>.
+1
--

Ken Wallis

Product Manager – BlackBerry WebWorks

Research In Motion

(905) 629-4746 x14369

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

i have updated the issue with (hopefully) all necessary information.
Sorry for not following it accordingly. I was moving flats and with
the hectic i forgot about it.

Anyway, I asked for Dan and me being able to administer the Wiki, if
that it is necessary. My suggestion is to give every PMC member the
right for administration. If the PMC list is different after
graduation we can clean up the permission list when we move out of the
incubator.

That said, for the naming i used RIPPLE, as this seems to be the
naming scheme by all other projects too.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Dan Silivestru <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Dan Silivestru
+1 (519) 589-3624

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Hmm, how about "ripple"? :P

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Dan Silivestru <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Dan Silivestru
+1 (519) 589-3624

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
I requested the Wiki space:

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.
To add on, I meant to reply with a +1 (considering my previous post).

--
Brent

Re: Should we have a WiKi?

Posted by Dan Silivestru <da...@gmail.com>.