Posted to user@commons.apache.org by ML...@parkseed.com on 2004/10/12 17:54:41 UTC

ftp connection exception

Folks,

I'm trying to use ftp.java to connect to a client. It worked once fine. But
after it gives me connection refused exception. But the ftp server is up. I
tried connecting using ftp lite and other ftp softwares. IT works. Why this
doesn't work?

Any ideas....
Madhan.
try
        {
            int reply;
            ftp.connect(server);
            ftp.enterLocalPassiveMode();
            System.out.println("Connected to ftp " + server + ".");

            // After connection attempt, you should check the reply code to
verify
            // success.
            reply = ftp.getReplyCode();

            if (!FTPReply.isPositiveCompletion(reply))
            {
                ftp.disconnect();
                System.out.println("FTP server refused connection.");
                System.exit(1);
            }
        }
        catch (IOException e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace();
            if (ftp.isConnected())
            {
                try
                {
                    ftp.disconnect();
                }
                catch (IOException f)
                {
                    //Log.printwarningln("Error while disconnecting");
                }
            }
            System.out.println(new java.util.Date() + "Could not connect to
ftp server.");
            System.exit(1);
        }

Madhan Lakshmanan(Maddy)