Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net> on 2007/07/25 08:25:58 UTC

Broken Pipe?

Folks;

a few days ago, on one of our tomcat servers catalina.out started
filling up with messages like this:

25.07.2007 08:16:43 org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext action
WARNUNG: Error sending end packet
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
 at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(ChannelSocket.java:531)
 at
org.apache.jk.common.JkInputStream.endMessage(JkInputStream.java:121)
[...] org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection
WARNUNG: processCallbacks status 2

Looking to my own applications log file, I can see which is the servlet
to cause this error (ClientAbortException), but I am not at all sure why
it started showing up all of a sudden. Reading that it's actually a
"Client"AbortException, should I not worry about it and leave things
movin' on as they do? Or is this some more severe issue that needs to
be adressed?

Environment:
- tomcat 6.0.13 behind an apache2 / mod_jk 1.2.23
- jdk 1.6.0
- Ubuntu Dapper server

TIA and bye,
Kristian