Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/09 14:38:51 UTC

[SDO C++] JIRA Issues: Specification or Implementation concerns?

Folks,

I notice a number of JIRA issues raised against the SDO C++
implementation that have the smell of being specification issues rather
than implementation issues.

If the issues really do imply changing or extending the specification of
SDO for C++, then I believe that the issues should rightly be raised
against the specification itself (the spec group have their own
infrastructure and email lists).

I'm OK with having "tracker" issues raised in the Tuscany project which
point to issues raised with the specs, but it must be clear that any
changes to the specs must ultimately be made by the specification teams.

Yours,  Mike.

Re: [SDO C++] JIRA Issues: Specification or Implementation concerns?

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
I'm not sure where the SDO spec is being discussed. It is separate from the
C++ C&I group.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ant,

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edward Slattery <ed...@googlemail.com>.
I think I raised all the issues against SDO C++. The purpose of them is to
track the current differences between what is specified and what is
implemented, with the aim of making the implementation of the C++ SDO closer
to the C++ specification, and if possible and desirable, making the C++
interface closer to the java specification.
None of the issues raised are intended to imply a change of the
specification to closer reflect the implementation. If in implementing the
code, a divergeance from the spec seems useful, it will be raised as a
concern on the SDO spec group.