Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by Jon Malkin <jm...@apache.org> on 2021/10/07 22:23:02 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] DataSketches C++ (and Python) 3.2.0 Released!

Hi all,

Version 3.2.0 of the C++ and Python (since it's still basically just a thin
wrapper around C++) library has been released.

This was basically a patch release, but there was some cleanup in python
(removing an in-tree dependency on pybind11) that justified a minor version
bump.

The exciting part of the change is that we have started providing
convenience Python binaries through PyPI, which lets people install the
library via pip!  I even tested on my son's Raspberry Pi and, after a bit
of compile time, it just worked.

    - Download Site:
        https://datasketches.apache.org/docs/Community/Downloads.html
    - Release Documentation
        https://github.com/apache/datasketches-cpp/releases
    - Build & Test documentation
        https://github.com/apache/datasketches-cpp/blob/master/README.md
    - Website
        https://datasketches.apache.org

Thanks to everyone who contributed and took the time to review and vote on
this release!

  jon