Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by daven1986 <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/26 17:27:14 UTC

simple network of brokers

Hi all,

I am trying in vain to setup a simple network of brokers. I want it to be
like this:

A -> B -> C

I want to put a producer on A and a consumer on C. I will be using them on
my local machine just for some simple tests and I have used a multicast
address with a group to separate the brokers.

A: default multicast
B: default multicast and 224.1.2.3:6255?group=test
C: 224.1.2.3:6255?group=test

The brokers seem to connect to each other but messages don't go from the
producer to the consumer. If I use just 2 brokers both on the default
multicast address then I can get messages from a producer to a consumer.

Can someone help please, it is quite urgent.

Thanks

Daven

Re: simple network of brokers

Posted by Andreas Gies <ag...@progress.com>.
Hi there,

i think you have forgotten to set the network time to live to at least
2,
so that the message can make more than one hop.
See also http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

HTH
Andreas

On May 26, 2009, at 5:27 PM, daven1986 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying in vain to setup a simple network of brokers. I want it
> to be
> like this:
>
> A -> B -> C
>
> I want to put a producer on A and a consumer on C. I will be using
> them on
> my local machine just for some simple tests and I have used a
> multicast
> address with a group to separate the brokers.
>
> A: default multicast
> B: default multicast and 224.1.2.3:6255?group=test
> C: 224.1.2.3:6255?group=test
>
> The brokers seem to connect to each other but messages don't go from
> the
> producer to the consumer. If I use just 2 brokers both on the default
> multicast address then I can get messages from a producer to a
> consumer.
>
> Can someone help please, it is quite urgent.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daven

---
Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Kind Regards
Andreas Gies
Principal Consultant
Open Source Center of Competence

Progress Software GmbH
Agrippinawerft 26
50678 Köln

E-Mail      	agies@progress.com
Direct Line 	+49 (0)9953 980349
Mobile      	+49 (0)170 5759611
Skype        	+44 (0)20 3239 2922
Skype       	+353 (0)1 443 4971
Skype       	+1 (0)781 262 0168

http://www.progress.com
http://fusesource.com
http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com

Re: simple network of brokers

Posted by daven1986 <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to Andreas for helping me out there. Now I have another problem. The
above solution worked fine for a test setup on my local machine, now when I
move this to a network testbed with the brokers on different machines I get
an error:

INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between
vm://localhost#6 and
tcp://nodec.10brokers.dse-alw.emulab.net/155.98.36.99:51616 shutdown due to
a local error: javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: localhost -
Client: NC_localhost_inboundlocalhost already connected from
vm://localhost#0

I do not get this error if I use "duplex="true"" in my config file, but even
without the error messages do not go from the producer to the consumer. I
have set networkTTL to 100, and the layout I am trying to achieve is this:

A - B - C (consumer on A, producer on C)

The network is fully connected so I am using the same multicast solution as
above:

A - default multicast
B - default multicast and group test multicast
C - group test multicast

Is there a way to get the layout I desire?

Thanks in advance

Posted by Andreas Gies <ag...@progress.com>.
Hi there,

i think you have forgotten to set the network time to live to at least
2,
so that the message can make more than one hop.
See also http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

HTH
Andreas

On May 26, 2009, at 5:27 PM, daven1986 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying in vain to setup a simple network of brokers. I want it
> to be
> like this:
>
> A -> B -> C
>
> I want to put a producer on A and a consumer on C. I will be using
> them on
> my local machine just for some simple tests and I have used a
> multicast
> address with a group to separate the brokers.
>
> A: default multicast
> B: default multicast and 224.1.2.3:6255?group=test
> C: 224.1.2.3:6255?group=test
>
> The brokers seem to connect to each other but messages don't go from
> the
> producer to the consumer. If I use just 2 brokers both on the default
> multicast address then I can get messages from a producer to a
> consumer.
>
> Can someone help please, it is quite urgent.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daven

---