Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by vijay shanker <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/14 12:17:03 UTC

Connection Pooling support and some other issues.

Hi all,

      I am quite a novice to HtttpClient API. i have got a task to implement
a scenario in which, there will be  1000 to  one lacs of connection
requests from our desktop client.  these request will be executed again
after a predefined time.
The problem is only at draft level, many more challenge may come during the
proper design proposal based on this API implementation . I am planning to
use  this  API for my design proposal.

the cases i got to consider is :

   1. I am planning to make a thread that will be running all the time to
   get connection from the remote server.
   2. this thread will fetch data from server and store that data at
   local system.
   3. What should be possible connection making strategy for this
   application.
   4. How should i handle the connection as there is some network
   latency.
   5. is there is some options for connection pooling in HttpClient. if
   yes then please inform me about that.
   6. As i have looked at API doc i found that any how i can use
   ConnectionManager class hierarchy.

 Suggest me some optimum solution for such a problem domain

thanks.
Vijay Shanker