Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by LG Optimusv <lg...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/29 10:32:52 UTC

How to use the tomee-maven-plugin correctly?

Hi,

What I like to have is the ability to edit jsp, html, css, even image files
in the IDE, then "compile" them (in IDEA it's Ctrl+Shift+F9) and see the
changes in the browser. It seems that this plugin works with .war file not
the exploded format of a web app. So everything has to be re-packaged and
the whole web app has to be reloaded. I'm pretty sure that I'm using this
plugin wrongly because nobody writes a plugin like that.

Before using the plugin, I used to write a context xml file in
$TOMEE_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost pointing to the exploded web app
created by maven (after modifying the $TOMEE_HOME/conf/web.xml with

<init-param>
    <param-name>development</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
    <param-name>checkInterval</param-name>
    <param-value>1</param-value>
</init-param>

in the jsp servlet. And it works really well. But I love to use the plugin
(jetty-maven-plugin works perfectly, it allows us to specify the web.xml,
the webapp directory ...).

Thanks.

Re: How to use the tomee-maven-plugin correctly?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

there is a tomcat web.xml (conf/web.xml) which can handle this
parameter as well. Can be put in src/main/tomee/conf.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau