Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by John West <jw...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/19 00:56:24 UTC

Phoenix and Hbase 2.1.0

Does Phoenix officially support Hbase 2.1.0 ? We are looking to upgrade our
CDH cluster to CDH 6.2.0.
While building Phoenix 5 with Hbase 2.1.0 on CDH 6, we came into
incompatibility issues with htrace.

Htrace issue so far is the only thing we found that is causing compilation
issues with Hbase 2.1.0

Hbase 2.1.0 uses org.apache.htrace:htrace-core4:4.1.0-incubating , while
Hbase 2.0 is using org.apache.htrace:htrace-core:3.1.0-incubating.
The issue with htrace is there some schema changes between the two version,
such as  SpanId, ParentId which now are using String, instead of Long.

Thanks

Re: Phoenix and Hbase 2.1.0

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
Phoenix doesn't work with versions of HBase >= 2.0.5